By Any Means…
The Silver and Black haul in a victory amidst adversity and revenge in London. The Raiders vs. Bears provided a multitude of story lines to follow in this game. Khalil Mack, the Raiders record in international games, a bevvy of injuries, Carr against elite defenses, so on and so forth. But in Raiders fashion, Jon Gruden and the rest of the men in black found a way to stay in it until the very end in a game that epitomizes the old Al Davis credo: Just Win Baby!
- The Raiders Pillage the Chicago Bears on foreign soil. Running roughshod over the Bears vaunted defense and sealing the 24-21 victory with 169 yards on the ground.
- The Raiders broke out to an early 17-point lead, led by Josh Jacobs and a crisp conservative offense under the helm of a calm and collected #4.
- Khalil Mack was kept quiet all day recording only 1 qb hit, 3 tackles, and the momentum swinging fumble recovery caused by Oakland’s own doing.
- The fumble was just one part of a mistake-filled 3rd quarter that seemed to get off to a good start when the Silver and Black held the Monsters of the Midway to a 3 and Out on their opening drive of the 2nd half.
- Sherrick McManis’ goal line peanut punch was a blow to the gut of Raider Nation forcing a Trevor Davis fumble just when it looked as if Oakland was about to post another 7 points on the scoreboard.
- Raider Nation let out a collective yell when a questionable Mo Hurst sack negated a would-be interception by American Ninja Worley.
- Penalties and turnovers would continue to haunt the Raiders after halftime. The contest looked as though it would take a turn for the worse until the product of the Khalil Mack trade jumped back into the water.
- Before that would happen, Chicago backed Oakland up to their own 3 yard line. The Raiders rallied with their longest game-winning drive in the fourth quarter in at least 20 years, aided by Erik Harris’ 3-yard run on a fake punt after Chicago committed a running into the punter penalty on fourth-and-6.
- Josh Jacobs scored his second touchdown of the game with a leap from the 2-yard line with 1:57 to play, capping that lengthy drive, and propelling the Oakland Raiders to the victory.
- Oh, and the only sack Mack got was DEEZ NUTZ!
- Raiders are now sitting alone in 2nd place in the AFC West with a 3-2 record after the Chargers fell to the Broncos earlier today.
You’re listening to The Pillaging Podcast!
Companion podcast to Pillaging Just For Fun!
The only Raiders fan site FOR Raiders fans BY Raiders fans!
Call in and leave us a message to be played on air at:
Follow us on Twitter: @pillagingpod
My Bookie Link: http://bit.ly/MYB-Pillaging
Promo Code: PILLAGING
#oaklandraiders #raiders #raidernation #justwinbaby #nfl #commitmenttoexcellence #silverandblack #rn4l #derekcarr #jongruden #raidersallday #oaktown #lasvegasraiders #raiderfan #raidersnation #beastmode #raidersalldayeveryday #raiderfans #onenation #oakland #raidersfootball #football #realmenwearblack #raidernationbaby #trentbrown #joshjacobs #KhalilMack #CHIvsOAK #DarrenWaller #joshjacobs #PJ4F #CNPN